The Weeknd Gives Update on Vocal Condition Following Canceled L.A. Show

Just last week, The Weeknd had to abruptly cancel his show in the midst of his performance at Los Angeles’ SoFi Stadium. Three songs into his performance, the After Hours crooner felt his voice go out and immediately had to step off stage, unable to finish his set. That night, The Weeknd said to the sold-out stadium crowd that night, “I don’t know what just happened…but I just lost my voice. This is killing me, I don’t want to stop the show but I can’t give you the concert I want to give you right now. I’m gonna make sure everybody’s good — you’ll get your money back — I’ll do a show real soon for you guys.” He later added an additional statement on his social media “My voice went out during the first song and I’m devastated. Felt it go and my heart dropped. My deepest apologies to my fans here. I promise I’ll make it up to you with a new date.”

The Weeknd has now given fans another update from his doctors, posting to socials that he has been given the all-clear and just needed some rest. He wrote in a recent Instagram post, “Doctor says my voice is safe and with rest i’ll be solid and able to bring the show my TORONTO fans are waiting for. LA date is being worked out soon. thank you SO much for all the love and understanding that’s come my way. i love you all so much… XO.” Abel’s After Hours Til Dawn Tour with Kaytranada and Mike Dean are expected to wrap up later this month with a makeup tour date for his hometown of Toronto on September 22.

The Weeknd recently also announced that he will be bringing his After Hours album to Universal Studios for Halloween. Take a look at this update below.

In other music news, Ari Lennox shares Age/Sex/Location LP tracklist.

Click here to view full gallery at HYPEBEAST

Please follow and like us:
Twitter
Visit Us
Follow Me
Instagram
Follow by Email

About Post Author

This article was originally published on this site