Buckingham Palace’s announcement that Queen Elizabeth II is under “medical supervision” is “grave news,” according to a royal biographer.
“We knew that this was extremely serious when the palace released a statement that doctors were ‘concerned,’” Robert Hardman, author of “Queen of Our Times,” tells Page Six exclusively.
Hardman explains that the famously stoic monarch, 96, “dislikes any discussions about her health,” so the news signals how serious her condition must be.
“She would previously only authorize statements in response to a specific condition — something like a hospital admission or a COVID diagnosis, as happened earlier this year,” he adds. “To be told, suddenly, that she was ‘under medical supervision,’ followed by family members flying to her bedside, is grave news indeed.”
Robert Jobson, author of “William at 40: The Making of a Modern Monarch,” echoes that the palace’s statement is “unusual.”
“I believe things are moving very fast right now,” he tells us. “My thoughts are with the Queen and her family.”
Royal officials announced Thursday that Her Majesty, who celebrated her Platinum Jubilee in June, had been placed under medical supervision after doctors expressed concerns for her health.
“Following further evaluation this morning, the Queen’s doctors are concerned for Her Majesty’s health and have recommended she remain under medical supervision. The Queen remains comfortable and at Balmoral,” a royal spokesperson said in a statement.
Prince Charles, Camilla Parker Bowles, Prince William and Prince Harry all promptly traveled to Balmoral, Scotland, to be at the Queen’s bedside.
Prince Edward and his wife, Sophie, as well as Prince Andrew were also said to be en route to Balmoral Castle.
About Post Author
This article was originally published on this site